Friday, September 23, 2005

The BIG weekend

Well we're getting ready for the BIG weekend. Marty's 2nd annual Steam up. All sorts of people are gonna start showing up late this afternoon. We're cleaning and mowing and cooking and......you get the picture.
It will be fun, but watching hurrican Rita make it's way towards land in the gulf coast casts a pall over everything. All the loss that is about to happen. I've been praying that it will just miraculously fall apart before landfall, so far no go it just keeps steadily moving closer and closer.

In our pride as man we tend to think we can control so many things, this past year I've seen that isn't true, there are so many things we can't control. I guess we can only control how we respond. This blonde is feeling pretty small in the scheme of things, am I having more fun? No, but I'm really working on having the kind of heart that our Father would wish. More peace, more love, more patience.

No comments: