Tuesday, December 13, 2005

We were scrooged!

Last night at work I had a table of three that were just a little strange from the get go. You could tell they had been drinking before they came in. One guy was this little short bald dude, not that I have anything against little short bald dudes but he sat down with an 'attitude'. He was upset cause he couldn't smoke (we went to non-smoking last month). Then we didn't have the beer he wanted, and surprise, surprise he didn't really like what he ordered but ate it anyway. The other guy thought he was god's gift. The lady with them wasn't too bad but kept hitting guy # 2 I kept waiting for him to hit her back but he showed some good restraint. When we went to clean the table off we found they had stolen the salt & pepper shakers, the sugar packets, some silverware & the little table top Christmas tree. It still gets me a little hot. But then there was that other table that were so nice and greatful for 'everything', it all balances out in the scale of life right?
______________________________________
Son #1 will be done with his training on Friday. Wil & I are going to head out Thurs to pick him up after his graduation Fri am. It will be good to have all the chicks back in the same area.
______________________________________
Christmas is less than two weeks away! ACKKKKKKK!!! I'm not ready, I'm not ready. The next couple of days I need to get the Christmas cards done and sent. I always enjoy making them. It has been nice the last week getting greetings from families and friends. I'm a horrible correspondant (over the years I had a couple of romances go down the tubes cause I hate to
write). I have made it a point then to at least get news out once a year. It's always good to look back and think about the year as I do my 'little' letter. I always wonder if it's worth doing it but I really like getting those 'letters' from everyones else. So I sit down and try to compact a years worth of our life onto a page and make it at least half way interesting.
______________________________________
Have a Christmas party to go to tonight. It's one of those I could easily just miss but probably need to go so feelings don't get hurt. At least Marty doesn't have to come, he would hate it.
______________________________________
Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal.
Lenore Hershey
I've already decided to give Gabby books for gifts, besides the fact that she has tons of toys I want her to have a love for reading as she grows up. That quote I just found kind of firms up my resolve. Okay, if I'm totally honest I'll go to Baby Gap too.

Have a good one!

No comments: