Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful

BRRRRRR!!!!! Our high today is a whopping 2 degrees. With the 'wind-chill-factor' it's like -11. We have the wood stove stoked up to the gills and the space heater in the living room so I can be warm doing book work. Marty is home today since it's too cold to do much work, so that means I'm getting half the amount of work done that I need to. We're going to visit our accountant tomorrow to talk finances for the business so I have balance sheets, financial statments and income and expense reports in my immediate future. Decided I needed a blog break.
My shopping expedition on Friday was a success. Got Wil's Bday presents and a couple of Chrismas presents along with a scrapping mag (Scrapbook Answers my new fav) 3 pieces of paper and some honking huge brads. I was very proud of my self restraint at the LSS. I did break down and by some whitening strips for my teeth, they are getting very coffee stained. They're gross but I guess that's the price you pay for vanity.
__________________________________________
I tried uploading some pics of the bookmarks I made but so far I'm not seeing them. Anyhoo I traded them in for credit at The Book Clinic and got Gabby a couple of fun baby books. I decided I'm gonna be her book sugar g-momma. So if you see an empty little box on the blog click it and you may see some book marks, they're cool and funky if I do say so myself.
___________________________________________
I NEED to do some excercising, haven't been to the wellness center for a month, good money down the drain. I'm starting to feel jiggly, like jello. Now it's a good thing for Jello to be jiggly but not my tummy and thighs. EWWWWWWWW.
__________________________________________
We've informed the kids that they'll have to lower their Christmas expectations some this year. At first Pat and Wil were a little gripy, but then seemed to take it in stride and started revamping their lists. It's not such a big thing with Ben and Tom. Guess I'll have to work on making it more memorable and meaningful than packageful (I know that's not a word but it fits my thought train).

I hear the balance sheet calling my name
Debits and credits are pulling at my brain
Income and expenses can kinda get me down.
I guess tomorrow we gotta go to town.

Okay I won't quit my night job to write song lyrics.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I haven't worked out in a couple months so I'm feeling you on the jello thing. I'm not looking forward to seeing my family at Christmas b/c I'm afraid they'll think I've gotten fat!! I'm a big procrastinator too. I hate it yet have a difficult time changing. *sigh*