Thursday, July 27, 2006

Blonde ambition

I've been spending the last couple of days getting caught up in the office. That may seem like a lot of time to dedicate to that project....but it's not really dedicated time. Yesterday the Gabmiester was here (there's only so much you can do when an active one year old is around)then when she left I popped over to a friends house to help her clean a little as she's in the midst of closing on the sale of her house and her accelerated biological chemistry course, after that it was hop in the shower and off to work. Today I should be able to spend the whole morning on the computer and clearing off my desk.
____________________
News flash, we're gonna be grandparents again. Tom and Jamie are expecting a little bundle of joy. Jamie goes to the Dr today so we should have a due date soon. They have received mixed reactions so far. Our parents are still dealing with the fact that they're living together, this will be a big pill for them to swallow and accept. I'm hoping that they can get to that point very quickly. A new life is always a reason to celebrate.
____________________
One of the perks of having DirecTV is that we get a ton of XM radio stations. It's such good radio to work by, no commercials, stations that feature certain genres (love the 70s and jazz ones)and if everyone is gone I can crank the tv up in the livingroom which has stereo so sounds great.
____________________
Aggie our 83 year old cook at the steak house has had to take a leave, with the heat we've been having working in the kitchen has been making her sick, like, 'it looks like I'm gonna keel over' sick. She's AMAZING!!! Can still cook circles around the youngsters and makes everything look and taste great too. I'm hoping that she'll be able to come back in the fall when it cools down. She's dropped down to 2 nights a week.
____________________
Another hot one today. In the mid 90's with a good amount of humidity. We have a chance of showers so I'm holding out watering plants till a little later. Hoping ole mother nature does the work for me. We've been blessed with some good rain in the last couple of weeks so here's to a little more.
TTFN

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all! Babies are true blessings!! I wish them the best!!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»