Monday, February 13, 2006

Am I brave enough?

One of the scrapping sites I frequent is having an open call for a couple new design team members. My first thought is 'oh cool, I'd like to try that out'. My second thought is 'wow, am I good enought to even try that'? Now I don't have great expectations of actually getting on the team but I am a little amazed at how much just the serious thought of submitting has intimidated me. I'm thinking that this may end up being a creative and personal turning point. A personal challenge to face those fraidy cat demons that poke up their ugly heads every once in awhile. And just the thought of writing an essay on why I think I would be a good choice for the team makes me break out in a sweat. (Don't tell the boys, they hate when I assign them essays. I always ask them why they're making a big deal of it when essays are a piece of cake). How do I promote myself while retaining some sembelance (I know I spelled that wrong) of humility? This is almost as bad as when I had to work on my personal testimony for a bible study I did years ago - although I can still tell you what a difference God has made in my life in under 3 minutes - Marty never could make it under three minutes.
So I'm thinkin that maybe I need the challenge of just submitting, letting go, take a step off the edge (like Indiana Jones did while trying to find the grail), give myself a good creative shot in the butt...........and who knows just maybe...................................

No comments: