Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The blonde 'loves' pink

Here's my hot pink baby.

I love my hot pink ipod! I take it everywhere. It fills my life with music. It's my 'precious'. I was a little panicky earlier as I wanted to use it and my 'precious' wouldn't work. OMG!!!!! Did I save the receipt? Do I have to reload everything? Did I lock it the last time I used it? Yup! I'm really feeling the blondeness right now.

I'm finding that I'm turning into a pink lover. It's not what you might think. I'm not going froo-froo. It's purely a self preservation thing. As in I want to preserve my 'things' for myself.
As a mom I'm a push over. The boys just have to look at something I own that's electronic in nature and I'm handing it over. I'm an electronic enabler. You'd think that as they are either in or entering adult hood that I wouldn't still have this problem, but alas, I DO! So in an effort to save myself I started buying pink.
Another example.




My last razr was a nice silver one. Wil's cell phone wasn't that great. I got the pathetic puppy dog look and "if you ever want to trade phones Mom I would like it" speech. I admit, I caved and traded. His cell phone really was a piece of......well I don't like to use crude descriptive words. So I bought a nice used 'pink' razr. Pink is my safety net. My out.
Now I just have to start painting all my things pink. Like the lap top, wii (Tom & Jamie have that right now), PS2 (Ben has that now), boombox (Pat has that), PS3 (that's technically half Wil's so I suppose I can't convert it to pink), my lovely 42" LCD piece of 'art' hanging in the living room, the car, the camera etc........

I suppose I could just say NOOOOOOO. But I'm just so happy they like electronic thingys I'm compelled to enable. I should form a support group EEA-Electronic Enablers Anonymous. I keep thinking I'm bad cause Marty doesn't have this problem. But I'm sure if any of them showed the merest in trains he would be dumping stuff all over them.

No comments: